The release of eZ Publish Enterprise 4.4 is a landmark event. A wide range of improvements further consolidate eZ Publish as the leading Open Source platform for Web Content Management and Publishing.
eZ Publish Enterprise 4.4 is based on the eZ Publish community project, but with the additional assurance of the eZ Publish Enterprise subscription–a service which fully supports the platform.
As an eZ Publish 4.4 user, you benefit from numerous exciting new features in this version, including:
- A brand-new, native Online Image editor that provides rich online image edition features. The Online Image editor improves the user experience of editors and art directors, reduces cost, and saves time and money.
- Entirely re-vamped in eZ Publish 4.3, the administration user interface has been refined and improved for this version, making the eZ Publish administration interface one of the only Content Management tools to effectively combine extremely powerful features with top-level usability and simplicity.
- An integrated access to the eZ Service Portal from within the eZ Publish administration interface simplifies access to support, maintenance, and monitoring services provided with the eZ Publish Enterprise subscription.
- An Archiving system leverages the eZ Find search engine to archive high-volume content in a smart and efficient way.
- Easier publishing of video content to any platform. A native HTML5 video datatype handles Flash and HTML5 h264 video playback in a seamless manner.
eZ Systems is introducing two major new components for the eZ Publish 4.4 platform, available as developer previews.
- The eZ Publish API developer preview targets Mobile Application development among other uses. The API is the future of eZ Publish application development. ( iPhone and iPad application makers take note ! ) Consisting of robustly designed server and remote APIs, the developer preview makes accessing all the great eZ Publish features easy. On the client-side, e.g. the iPhone and iPad SDK, the REST-based eZ Publish remote API can be seamlessly integrated.
- A new Newsletter System for eZ Publish 4.4 is based on the CJW Newsletter extension. The result of a collaboration between CJW, trusted community members, business partners, and eZ, the newsletter application offers a more integrated approach to email-based and internal publishing with eZ Publish. The Newsletter system, to be certified and supported following the 4.4 release, is a prime example of the kinds of vibrant, fruitful collaborations between eZ, partners and community which eZ Systems will continue to foster in future versions !
Welcome the eZ Online Image editor, because Web Content is more than text
At eZ, we know content is not only text, but also images, video, audio, interactive content and digital assets ! That’s one of the many things that separates eZ from the rest of the Web Content Management solutions that focus on HTML editing.
With that in mind, we have furnished the eZ Publish 4.4 Enterprise release with a tool that gives editorial staff the power to edit images directly in eZ Publish. With Online Image Edit you can apply filters to all or portions of the image, add a watermark to the image, or crop and resize the image–all with the comfort of an elegant AJAX-based user interface. Publishing images made easy.
The new administration interface, phase 2
eZ Publish 4.3 established the basis for the new eZ Publish administration interface–the foundation for improved user experience in future versions. In eZ Publish 4.4, a number of additional features and refinements on the administration interface make users’ lives even easier !
Browsing and navigating the content repository has never been so simple. An AJAX sub-item navigation panel means less clicks and quicker response time when you are navigating through a large number of assets.
More about this ez.no